Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I have been sicker then a  dog the last 2 days.  Yesterday was my day off but today I had to suck it up and go in.  I am hoping that tomorrow will be better.  
  I was thinking that it would be cool to get some vintage cameras and have them on a shelf.  But then I remembered that I don't have any more shelves.  Perhaps some day I will get some built and get the stuff out of boxes that are still packed from the move a year ago.  If at that point I find I still have room, I would like to get 10 or 12 old cameras just to look at.  I just love the looks of them and it reminds me of the old cameras I used to look at when I was a kid and how amazed I was by them.  Goodwill's website always has them on there.  They generally go for about five bucks.  Perhaps some day.   I scored a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play there.  $20 shipped new in box.  Can't beat that.
  That is weird.  I was going to post a link to a couple of cameras on shopgoodwill.com right now, but when I paste them, they show up outside the text window here.  I tried it 2x.  So go look yourself if you are curious.  This weeks selection is not as good as usual though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a couple old camera that belonged to my grandparents on Mom's side. A metal Brownie with a big flash bulb reflector, and a smaller black plastic or Bakelite. There was still film in one of them after they died, but sadly no pictures had been taken. That would've been cool to see that.

But yeah, there's something cool about a collection of old cameras. I'd like to add some '50s and '60s types. Like this Argus or this Ansco that's sorta like the one my Dad has. A vintage Leica would be seriously cool, but who can afford one of those to just look at? :)