Friday, June 13, 2008

wow



I went in to work today at 4:15 a.m. Most folks made it to work. A few did not because they were getting flooded. Then we started getting bad information in about the Burlington street bridge closing. It was the only way home for a lot of our workers. Me too. So we let people go and it was just crazy, but it was kind of fun trying to figure out how to make it work. One news show reported that it was closed. Then we heard it was open. But they were saying that they were going to close it at noon. I got out of work at about 1:00 and got the Burlington street. All three lanes going east were open and I went right through. But now the bridge is closed. I have to work tomorrow. The second map shows in red how I usually go to work and in blue how I think I will try to get there tomorrow.
There are a lot of of people that commute between Iowa City and Cedar Rapids. You can't really get there except by going via Des Moines. I don't know exactly but the first graphic is an approximate drawing so you get an idea of what I am talking about. The news said it is now 284 miles between IC and CR. Crazy. Just crazy.

-One a lighter note.. BUSTED!!!!! What a dork.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busted 9/11 scam guy: Let's see, dances like an jerk, enjoys the crappy disco-like music, and he's from Jersey. Well duh! :)

Anonymous said...

Busted 9/11 scam guy: Let's see, dances like an jerk, enjoys the crappy disco-like music, and he's from Jersey. Well duh! :)