Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wed.

Remember, if you're off of work and eating at a restaurant, and the SERVERS who are working are in a better mood than you, you're doing something terribly wrong in your life.
That was a comment on FARK linked to a blog entry about rude customers. I agree totally with the blog entry, but really liked the comment above. She had some other good entries on her blog if you are interested.
I am off today but, naturally it started raining about noon. So I got some done on the patio, but not as much as I would like. A couple of days ago I had some patio blocks pulled off so I could set the 2x6 bottom plates. I had the sand all leveled and ready to go. I ran out of daylight. I came home from work and the dog had decided he was a goper. He dug all of the sand out and threw it all over the remaining blocks, and tried to tunnel under the damn borders. I reset everything and got it done. The next day I came home and there was a 5 gallon bucket full of sand on the deck. He somehow got inside the bucket and threw all of the over the blocks AGAIN. So today I pull some more off, get it leveled and stuff. I turn around to cut the 2x6. When I turn back, the dog was four wheelin' in the sand. It was everywhere AGAIN. I was not amused.
I know that the few people that actually read this blog also read Steve's blog. But just in case you dont.. he had THIS LINK and I thought it was one of the funniest/most pathetic things I have seen in a long time. Good stuff.
-If you are in a hurry and want to see Steve Job's delivery at the WWDC, here it is in 60 seconds.
-So a sailor loses his watch during WWII. It slips off his wrist into the harbor. He got it back recently. Somebody found it and sent it to him. It still works. I am assuming that Bulova will be reading this and wanting to make a commercial about it.

No comments: