Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I got sick of West Music in Coralville.

When my mom was up here we drove out to West Music to look at a midi to USB device for the mini that she is getting. I got a M-Audio unit that works well, but I remembered that they had one that had XLR inputs on it was well. That would be much better because she could run her keyboard sounds through there and her midi through the same device. She could also record vocals on it. I asked the girl working if they had one and she did not know what I was talking about. She got the expert and he did not know what I was talking about. But they said they were getting in a USB mic soon. WOO! That would limit her to one mic, and it would not get her keyboard sounds into the comp. He said he was going to the NAMM show soon and maybe they were coming out with something like that. Great. We left. I come home and look on the net and find the unit that I saw in that store 2 years ago. I called out there yesterday to see if they could order it in since they are listed as a Tascam dealer. They were all busy so I left a voice mail at about 4:00. After they closed at 8:00 it became clear that they were not going to call back. So today I called at about 4:00 again. She said they were all busy and I could leave a VM. I told her that I did that yesterday and am still waiting on a response, but go ahead. I waited about three or four hours and called back. After 10 min on hold a different guy actually answered the phone. I asked if they could get in the us-122. He said, "yes, we usually have them in stock." WTF? So I told him that I had been blown off yesterday and was thinking about just ordering the damn thing off of the net, but I would rather get it from them locally. He said they could get it for $200. I told him I was tired of them and was going to order it off of the net for $149.00 delivered and be done with them. MORANS!

No comments: