Monday, June 08, 2009

WWDC

Well the WWDC is over and I am kind of bummed. We are due for new phones, and I was hoping that they would come out with something that is an iPod touch with a phone in it. I don't need the web anywhere I go and I don't want to pay an extra 50 a month for it. I would, however, like to pull my phone out of my pocket and hook up to the wifi when I am on break at work. I would also like to be able to have my contacts and calendar functions sync up with my mac and be able to access them easily. I would really like to be able to download apps for the store. If I could do that, I could stop carrying my Macbook to work every day to entertain me (and hopefully keep me awake) on my breaks.
The new macbooks look really nice. They are all "pro" now. Using the same batteries technology as the Air and the 17" pro. Some other good stuff. Nice.
They did release the much rumored $100 iPhone. But I don't know who would buy it. If you are going to shell out the money for the data plan, why would you spend $99 for the old phone? For another hunnerd-bucks you get twice the storage, a better camera with auto focus, and some additional "cool" points for being on top of things.
I really liked the upgrade to Snow Leopard being only $29. Dig that!
All in all it was a good showing, but I am sure that stock will tank any minute now since, as per usual, there was so much speculation about what they were going to do that they could never live up to it.

No comments: