Saturday, May 23, 2009

I guess we are ready

I hope we are ready. It is just now hitting me what is happening tomorrow. I have been so busy with everything, it does not seem real. I spent some tonight breaking down the meat into smaller packages. I went and got a vacuum bagger to put some of it in since I am SURE some it will get frozen. BTW, here is what 80 lbs. of ham and turkey look like when they are in your fridge. Yea, the whole shelf is full all the way to the back and there are a couple of bags in the freezer. (THANKS SCOTT!!) I don't know if you can see it, but the shelf is bowed pretty badly.

2 comments:

Armpit Studios said...

Good thinking, getting that extra pack of bologna in case the ham and turkey run out. I've never seen glass bend that much.

BTW, the word verification I see below is "skingia", which is pretty close to the word "skinga" that was all the rage back in 5th grade, I believe made up by the Bombeis to mean you had no hair on your nuts.

Brass Pear said...

Wow, that's a lot of meat. Sorry we didn't make it by. It was a terrible day for us. Oh, nothing bad happened, but we were just so damn overbooked that we felt like we didn't get anywhere. But we hit like 4 or 5 parties and missed several more.

Guess it's going to be like that for a few more years, but it's all good.