Sunday, February 10, 2008

how fitting

So Microsoft puts out a special Zune for Valentines day so that you can tell the special one in your life that , "I love you so much. Just not enough to get you a real iPod". But in a twist that is so fitting for Microsoft, they will not have it out in time for Valentine's day.

EDIT: Wow. I am really at a loss here. It seems like Microsoft is really trying to make things right when they screw up these days. My XBOX got the RROD yesterday and so it is fried. I looked on the internet and it seems that they put aside one billion dollars to fix units (about 1/3 of them have this issue) at no charge to the customer. They will also give me a free month on Xbox Live since it will take about 3-4 weeks to get it fixed. Now with this mix up with the zune, it seems that they are shipping the zunes, but will refund the money to the person who is getting them late. This is from a letter to a customer who ordered the zune the first day it was offered:
Our goal is to provide a smooth customer experience for ordering, customization, and delivery. We sincerely apologize for not meeting that goal in this specific case. We will be refunding the entire amount of your order, which you should be able to see on your credit/debit card within 7-10 days. We hope you love your Zune and that you will accept our sincere apology.
I really really really hate to say this, but it seems like M$ is doing a better job customer relations then Apple when they make mistakes. I hope that Apple notices this. Now don't get me wrong. I would never trade my iPod for a Zune. I would not own an Xbox 360 except I won it with a pepsi cap. It is a fun console, but it is also just another example of Microsoft screwing up and making crap. We are on XBox live and the servers always crash in the middle of matches. They are supposed to be fixing that and have offered a free game download to make up for it. So I guess Microsoft should be better at fixing strained relationships with their customers since they screw up about everything they do. But I hope Apple will take notice of this.

-Here is a great flash animation. I think this is a re-make

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that. I snickered.