Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday

Wow. Busy day. Started in about 9:00 this morning and just quit at 8:30 tonight. I have been working on the bookcases a lot. I got the sides cut and dados cut. Then I remembered that I have to drill all of those damn holes for the pegs to hold the shelves. I REALLY hate that chore. Got that done and then started in on sanding. I got the four sides for the 2 outside shelves done and stained on the inside. Then I cut all of the fixed shelves, sanded and stained them. I was outside and was getting ready to go to Menard's when neighbor Dan came over. He wondered if I wanted to go to Menards. So off we went. We stopped at Autozone and got brake pads, rotors, and shocks for the truck. Then at Menards we got some of the decking that we will use to make his deck later this summer. I got the 3 sheets of 1/4" plywood for the backs of the cases. That took about 2 hours. Came home and started staining the other sides of the shelves.
I made some goulash stuff that the kids really like and we all ate too much.
Then the Iowa Pond Guy showed up. He was here to install the ultrasonic algae killer. So we mounted the box and about then Dan came out to see what was up. We all worked on digging up the yard so we could bury the cable out to the pond. I was so glad I did not have to do that by myself like I did with the air hose. I was full of goulash and really did not feel like digging, but it is done!
Then I mowed off the back yard. Then I got the second back piece cut, sanded and stained. Now tomorrow when I get up I can start out by putting poly on all of them before I go to Ranger Rick's house. I am going to go over there and he is going to help me install the parts on the Dakota. By "help" I mean do all of the work while I watch. He has a shelf project for his house and we are going to figure out what he wants and then I can bring the wood home and cut it here.
By the time I get home I should be able to put some more poly on the shelves.
That should about do it.

No comments: