Wednesday, December 24, 2008

got one cabinet done!

I finished up one of the cabinets today. It has all of my air tools in it. Each drawer has a tool and the nails/brads/staples that go with each. The router table is about done, but I have to make 2 doors and have not gotten around to that yet. I think that I will do raised panels and that takes some time. Plus I needed the router table to be done enough to use it before I could do that. The dust collection is from below. You can kind of see the hole in the bottom. Right below that is a lever that you can't see that opens the blast gate and also turns on the dust collection.
I used the flooring that I got cheap off of Craig's List to make the face frames and the drawer fronts. That was a lot of extra work, but I am too cheap to use real oak for something like this.
I am trying to figure out how I want to do the fence. I have some T-Track to use to secure it. I want to make a hole behind the hole for the router in the top. The fence will have a tunnel that covers the hole and so the suction should draw the dust back through the tunnel and into the hole. It will be such that the hole is covered by the fence as it moves back and forth to be adjusted. Does that make sense? I have never seen anyone do it that way before, but I think it should work. I can't hang a hose off of the back like most people do. I kind of don't like that setup anyway. I just need to figure out how big and how tall I want to make it.
If you look closely you can see that there is a second hole cut out in the table saw extension. I wanted to put the router table farther to the left, but that would limit how long of a board I could work since the miter saw is there. If I had done that I could have used the table saw's Biesemeyer for a fence and that would have been slick. The second hole had a blank Lexan plate over it. I can put the router in that slot and then I can slide panels across the table saw to cut dados on bigger pieces. I did that when I made the router table and it worked out pretty darn slick. There is another hole in the back of the router table cabinet with a 5" collar on it so I can run some flex hose from that part to the main part. I am hoping that when the blank plate is on the second hole it won't effect the suction in the main part and when I switch them out it should suck out of the second part. If that does not work I will just add another blast gate and another damn wye on the DC. I would like to avoid that if I can.





****
So your client is on trial for smashing a 12 lb rock over the head of a puppy. You claim that it is really a dog and the media is posting cute pictures of the dog to unfairly get support against him. Then you say this: "I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer had baby photos that were very cute,"
How exactly does that help your client? Yea, most serial killers start out by killing animals.
I was reading up on this and followed some links. Found some sad stuff. HERE is a video of a dog being shot by an officer who stopped for directions at a woman's house. HERE is a (poorly written) article about "puppycide" which included this: Milwaukee resident Virginia Villo is suing that city for the 2004 police shooting of her lab-springer spaniel mix, Bubba. As part of her lawsuit, she requested police reports of every dog killed by Milwaukee police over a nine-year period. The request turned up 434 dead puppy reports, or about one every seven-and-a-half days.
***
HERE is a bunch of real life Far Side re-enactments. The end result is not as funny as the concept, but still...
***
HERE is a video for ya. Watch it. Enjoy. The first guy plays guitar and then starts singing. I think really nice voice. Second guy sings. Cool voice. Third guy sings. Really unique voice and I really like it. Then the guy with the teeth sings. Cripes. Where does that kind of voice come from? It is like the first time you saw Don LaFontaine, the movie voice over dude. You know voices like that are out there, but you don't really expect them to belong to a real person. Okay, that made no sense. But neither do I.
Turns out he was a "world idol" contestant (winner?). Hey, look he knows willie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ranger Rick wishes you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, you mutton head ,eh?