Tuesday, March 03, 2009

fence done

I just got the router table fence done. I used the laminate flooring that I had left over from the project here at home and made the face of the fence with it. That stuff is slick and tough so I thought it would be ideal. I made a opening in the top that sucks air through channel in the fence away from the bit. I was not sure if that would work or not, but it turned out really well. I don't really know why I put Lexan on the top part, but it was kind of cool to watch the chips go flying into the channel. I ran a bunch of oak through it and there was absolutely no dust escaping. I was kind of nervous about cutting the hole, but it worked out great. I have had ideas before that I thought were great and wondered why nobody ever did it that way before... only to find out there was a reason that nobody did it that way. I have to build doors for the front of the cabinet, but that will have to wait. I have too many other irons in the fire right now.



1 comment:

Armpit Studios said...

That's pretty durn slick. Nice featherboards too. Looks like those won't get in the way as much as the regular shaped ones when you're at the end of the board and trying to get the pushstick through.