Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tusday

Got the paint done and the furniture back in place. *whew* Today I am kind of in a slump. Been going full speed for a few days and now I am not knowing what to do with myself. I have been on the computer all morning playing with sketchup and looking on the web trying to get the design done for the wall unit. Mary wants me to do the coffee table first, and that makes sense, but then another snag. We saw some tables that have lift up tops that at first seem kind of cheezy, but when you think about it, they would be cool. Something like this:

Mary likes to do puzzles and it would be great for that, and also sometime munching in front of the TV in the afternoons or whatever. So I thought I would go to Rockler and price the hardware. I figured $60-$80. Nope. Try around $200. OUCH. So now I am trying to figure out if a person (me) could make the supports out of wood.
Anyhow, here are some photos of what we have gotten done so far...

1 comment:

Brass Pear said...

Very nice. But it's 6 in the morning, and I'm at work, and for some reason that bottle of Jack sitting there in the top picture looks very tasty right now. Does that mean I have a problem?