Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday

Well I feel human again. Yesterday I was feeling better, but not really up to full speed. "Big Tim's" son Derek got married yesterday and the whole family went up to the wedding. It was a really nice ceremony and it was really nice to see all of the Harbach's again. Carol, A.K.A. mom, looks great and just as I remember her from the first time I met her long long ago. Terry looks great too and is just as silly as ever. It always makes me feel good to be around those folks.
Tim's other son Declan played with his band at the reception. He played bass and some drums. They sounded really good. Tim was running sound and that was fun to see him enjoying that. They had a few rough spots here and there, but then I would remember they are only about 16. I was trying to think how bad I sounded back then and then I remembered that the only thing I played back then was the radio. So it was fun and I am sure they will do well with it and have a lot of fun.
I stayed up until about 3:00 a.m. 2 nights ago and got back up at about 7:00. Last night I stayed up fairly late and got back up at 6:00 a.m. I have had SOOO much sleep the last few days that I think my tank is full for a while. It is nice, though, since it makes this day nice an long.
Our Neighbor Dan is coming over later and we are going to Menard's to look at some wood for his deck. We hope to start that next week. I am looking forward to that.
I was in the yard yesterday and I heard a weird chirping. I looked around and found a baby sparrow. I called Mary out and we picked him up. But we still heard chirping. There was another across they yard. We have no idea where they dropped in from since there are no trees of any size around. So we have a couple of guests for the next week or so. They are just past the ugly phase, and are in the ugly/cute phase right now.
So far the pond looks amazing. We added the ultrasonic unit as well as put dye in the water. The dye kept the weeds from growing up and the ultrasonic unit is supposed to kill algae cells as they form. So far we have none at all. Amazing the difference is and money well spent.
What a great day. I feel much better, it is nice out, and I am really enjoying it.

1 comment:

Armpit Studios said...

Did he complain to the band about how loud they were? :)