Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Still moving.

Well here it is Wed. and we are still moving. The weekend was crazy. Tim's friend Jerry came over with a truck and helped a ton. We loaded the 2 trucks and ran them back and forth. Got a lot done that way. Sunday Ranger Rick brought over his cousin Steve's trailer and big ass 2 wheel dolly. Tim had a couple of friends come over and help move the bowling ally out of the shop. Even with all of those guys it was really not very much fun. Rick and I got the Unisaw into the basement. That was not as bad as I thought it might be. Don't know how we would have done it without the B.A Dolly though. Then Dwight and the crew came over with his truck and we loaded up trucks some more and ran them home.
I always tell people that you find out who your friends are when you move. I found out I have some good friends that bailed my butt out of a mess. It has still been a nonstop adventure and we have a ways to go, but I can't imagine how we would have gotten to this point without them. THANKS!
I had the day off and spent it loading stuff out of the shop. Got quite a bit done way more to go.
Can anybody get anything right around here? Mary called last week and told the mail, cable, and phone to change over on Friday. The very next day I went to get the mail and there is a slip in our box saying that we had moved. WTF? So I go to the new house. Same slip. Cripes. The phone is STILL not changed over. The cable guys said they could not do it Friday but could be over on Tuesday. Great. No TV or internet for four day, but what can you do? So Tuesday comes, but naturally it is one of the few days a year I have to work late. So Mary takes time off work to be there. Nobody shows. I call and they say the guy came and could not find the house. He called the primary and nobody answered since the phone company sucks too. So he went home. Today I went in and told them they needed to fix this TODAY and she said they could come over Friday. We went back and forth and I pointed out that if he had called the other number instead of just giving up he would have gotten me on the cel. She did not budge so I said I wanted to see her supervisor. She said I could not but she would call him and then I saw her write "rick" on her page. I asked Rick's last name and she said she could not tell me. I asked if it was Karnes, and she said yes. SCORE! Rick was a good friend of mine about 20 years ago at the hospital. I told her to have him call me. He called me back about five min. later and 2 hours later we had cable. The guy that came over could not find the house either. But get this... he got out a FRIGGIN MAP AND LOOKED. Crazy, ain't it?
So that is where we are now.
But Here is a pretty amusing clip about the 68 R/T charger.

2 comments:

Brass Pear said...

Would that be a Rick Karnes from Kalona? His boy Kendall is a friend of the boys....

Anonymous said...

Whaaaa?!? Cable guys are allowed to use street maps?? What has this world come to? Oh, the humanity.

I feel bad about all the work you've put into the shop and now have to tear out. Maybe shop 2.0 will be better because of it.

Love that Charger. Great color.