Monday, November 27, 2006

KGAN can kiss my ass.


HERE is an open letter from Mike Sullivan, Station Manager at KGAN. It is a lame ass propaganda page telling us why we are going to lose their station on Mediacom cable. Now I have had issues with Mediacom in the past, but of the two I gotta side with Mediacom on this one. Even if KGAN is right in their demands, this page is crap. Instead of facts, it is full of "we believe" and "we can't discuss" statements.

we believe that in certain cases compensation is being paid but is just being disguised in some manner.........
we believe that Mediacom, like all cable companies, routinely pays the owners of the vast majority of the channels it carries for that right........
We believe such fees range as high as $2.00 per subscriber per month for ESPN........
We believe that even channels with a narrow audience appeal, such as Animal Planet and HGTV generally receive monthly per subscriber fees......

Well I believe this is a bunch of crap.

KGAN will pay me $150 to drop Mediacom and get a dish. WTF? KGAN's little station is so hard up for money that they need a dollar month from mediacom for me to (not) watch their station, but they can give me $150 to switch to a dish and (not) watch it on there? How about they just STFU and let me (not) watch their station on my mediacom cable for the next TWELVE AND A HALF YEARS- the amount of time it would take them to recover the $150. What? You say that KGAN is not really paying me $150 and that it is just a rebate from Direct TV? No. You are wrong. Mike Sullivan said "CBS 2 will pay you $150"

I like how he also gave the phone number for Mediacom's Senior Vice President for the division as well as an easy link to launch off a letter to him. Why didn't they post the phone number of the senior vice president of KGAN so I can call and bug him?

I really hope that Mediacom will find a CBS station, perhaps out of Chicago, that wants to expand their base and increase ad revenue. Those who care can still watch football and CSI and most people just watch KCRG news anyway. I don't even know who those people are on the home page for KGAN news so I think I can live without them.

2 comments:

Brass Pear said...

Yeah, Sinclair Broadcasting, the parent company of KGAN, is being stupid. I don't watch KGAN much, either.

On the other hand, this will be a perfectly good excuse for me to finally switch to KCTV, our local phone company's cable service.

Anonymous said...

Or you could just put some rabbit ears up when you want to watch Channel 2. Most people in IC at T-Day were po'd about sports they would miss.