Monday, September 25, 2006

WE GOT THE HOUSE!

We signed the papers today. We were very happy with the deal we got on it. Now we just have to sell ours. But today was a very good day. I was putting up a new ceiling fan when our neighbor came over. He is part of the Cambodian family that lives across the street. They are the nicest folks and the best neighbors you could ever want. I told him we were looking for a house and he said, "oh no. You can't leave us here" in a very sad tone. He said, "you wait and I win lottery then we all move together". That broke my heart. So we hate to leave them behind, but it must be so. I am also very sad to leave this house behind after 10 years of building on it and fixing it up. I hate to think of it falling apart. Ok.. back to the story.
I am hanging the fan and the doorbell rings. It is dad from across the street. He says his friends want to buy our house! OMG. That would be SO perfect. His friends would get a great house. I could feel good knowing that they would take good care of it. We would get ours sold fast, and I could feel much better knowing that they would not be left alone over here. Our realtor called and said that they had called and set up an appointment for wed. to see the house. Man I hope that works out.
It is not that far away from us but yet it is a world of difference in the neighborhood. I will be quite busy for a long time. I have to build a shop, but can't do that until next spring. Then there will be lots of things to do to make it our home just like this one has been for the last 10 years.
Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I feel your pain. At our first home we had a neighbor that let his dog's shit everywhere in my yard. Luckily he left his wife for his youngest daughters female softball coach. We also had an old idiot blowhard that would go out of his way to say that my garage(circa 1922) was on 'his property'. I finally got sick of his voice so I had my lot surveyed and found that some shit he'd let pile up next to his garage was actually on MY property, my garage was well inside my lot. I asked him to please clean it up but after that his son would flip me off when driving down the alley. We had some Viet Namese neighbors that went to our church living next door to the east and they were pretty cool. They moved shortly after we did so we were both able to escape before it went too far down hill.

Again congrats and keep us posted how it goes with selling you house. I hope it goes as smooth as it did when you found your new house.