Friday, June 23, 2006

radio stuff

Went to Best Buy. Told them the Alpine is funky and they said I could have another one. BUT they don't have any. It will be a week before they get on in. At least it works and sounds really good. Just can't navigate through the 4,400 songs on my iPod or the 125 songs on each CD I have made. I was expecting Best Buy to give me a hard time about returning the deck, but they didn't. One of the big problems with the deck is that it does display the names of songs, but it takes like 10 seconds to read them. I can't jump to songs using the search by artist function because it does not work. The only thing that does work it the quick search which lists all of the songs and you can scroll through them with the dial. But when it takes 10 seconds to read the name that is kind of pointless. I tried the one at Best Buy and it does work like it should displaying the name instantly so you can scroll through stuff without stopping on each one and listening to see what it is.

1 comment:

brent said...

Yes. Both. The UI is hard to figure out, but it is even harder when it does not work right. I ran the one at BFB and it is much easier when it is running correctly.