Friday, December 29, 2006

stuff


Well we made it through Christmas. We were going to get the kids a Nintendo Wii, but that was not to be. I stood in line at 5:00 at Target trying to get one, but came up short. I was #21, and there were 15. I felt bad for the father and son that were #16. They had been there since midnight. We got the kids some alarm clocks that dock up their iPods. Alex got a digital camera and Tim got a slot car set and his letterman jacket. We had a nice time and later went up to Mary's dad's house and had dinner there. I got Mary a under the counter TV for the kitchen. I wanted to have one of those at the other house, but did not want to try to run the coax to the kitchen. This one has an icemaker in the 'fridge, so I figured I could follow the water line up from the basement and that worked out well. Mary got me a park flyer type R/C airplane. It is pretty cool. I went out today and flew it a little bit. I have not flown anything for about 10 years, so that was a trip. It can go pretty slowly, and there was a little wind, so when I brought it in at 1/2 throttle it was pretty much in a hover. Makes for a soft landing. I did come in hard one time when I first started out. I hit the ground and it popped the canopy off. I did not realize it until later but the front gear came out. I could have just put it back, but when I realized it was gone I was frozen and not feeling too good, so I just came home. Pretty fun plane though.
I went to West Liberty yesterday to see Ranger Rick and (not my) Cousin Steve. Rick has the Daytona up on stands and is doing a lot of work on her. That was really great to see her in the shop and being worked on. We went over to (not my) Cousin Steve's and saw his '71 Dodge Dart that he had just gotten. It is 35 years old and has 7,100 miles on it. That is like 200 miles a year. I have never seen anything like that. There is a paper tag by the manifold that is still tied on and the original tires have a ton of tread left on them . I had never seen (not my) Cousin Steve's other cars, but they are all pretty damn sweet. He has 2 Austin's and they are just friggin' cool. He brought one of them back in the back of his pickup, so that gives you an idear of the size of these things. The picture here is not of his roadster, but just one I found on google.

I have been sicker then a dog the last day or so. I started to feel pretty bad in West Liberty and had to cut it short. I got home and just crashed. I am doing a little better today. I probably should not have gone out to fly, but that was only for about 15 min. I was not sure how long the weather would be nice enough to fly, so I thought I better go try it out while I could.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurel & Hardy were trying to fit themselves and Hardy's new wife into an Austin sedan once (kinda like this one). Plus her trunk (clothing trunk, not her ass).

Slot cars! Cool! RC plane! Cool! Is that electric or gas?

Anonymous said...

Hope yer feelin better. Sucks to be sick during the holidays. Did you have this week off?

brent said...

the plane is electric. The SLOT!! cars are fun. I was off all week.