Sunday, July 30, 2006

more power to ya'

So I get home from work today and am starting to work on the house. All of a sudden the power goes out all over the neighborhood. It was about 100 degrees out and humid as all get-out. My hat is off to those guys that go out there and fix that stuff. They had in back on in less then an hour. I can't imagine the power draw when everybody's hot houses came back online at the same time and everything kicked in full at once. But it held and we are cool.
Got the bathroom pretty much done today. Photos tomorrow. Put ceramic tile in and I really like it. Wish I had done it a few years ago so I we could have walked on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a guy from Sigourney that I work with here at Farm Bureau and his dad worked on the pipeline at Harper. Jeff would go out with his dad in sub-zero weather for emergency repairs. Utility workers are unsung heroes. Always on-call but hardly ever thanked.